This is a microblog done entirely with my phone. No epic story or how-to or anything. Just a quick fix and the documentation of it.
One of the tabs on Sharka’s FM turbo heat shield broke free about a year ago. It would rattle at idle. I tried JB Welding it, but… nope. That failed after about 2 weeks.
Poor neglected little Sharka.
I stopped at Carmers Paint Shop and begged Jerry for some assistance. He quickly wheeled out the welder and clamped up the parts. A few quick beads and I’ll never have to worry about the tabs coming free again. Jerry even re-tacked the other two that were close to failing as well.
I really need to learn how to weld. Like… really.
Thanks again Jerry!
Ta-da! No more rattle. And the heat shield is 100% less likely to fall off and allow things around it to melt.
A little afternoon washies were called for. The other three revlimiter cars got washed the previous weekend, leaving Sharka as the only dusty one. That just wouldn’t do, so Sharka got some pampering.
And between the above photo and the time of this blogging, Sharka has also been polished with the DA, degreased with rubbing alcohol, and received 2 coats of sealer “wax”. Another coat and a product review are coming up soon.
… and that’s all. Microblog as promised.