November 3rd, 2012 — Gauges
Sharka has yet another different set of gauges installed. I call this set Version Warbird.
Does anyone else hear voices in their head?
I don’t often get the opportunity to make colored gauge faces. I made some dark blue ones for a gentleman a couple months ago, but didn’t take any photos. When the order came in for these red gauges, I thought I’d take the opportunity to shoot them and blog about it before I packed them up and shipped them off.
October 23rd, 2012 — Engine
It’s that time again… emissions testing. It is not my very favorite time of year, let me tell you. I’ll be honest, it fills me with dread. I get stressed out. I worry. I fidget. And that’s no good at all.
October 9th, 2012 — Interior
Sharka’s metal door sills are really old and crappy. When I got them, they also lacked the desirable feature known as flatness. If I remember right, they came out of a very very wrecked car for the price of shipping. I bent and beat them back into shape as well as I could. I’ve had them for about 6 years.
It was time to modify them.
September 24th, 2012 — Interior
Yeahh….. you know that chrome radio I installed earlier? It didn’t last long. Check out what I did in place of it.
Driving along and the speedometer in your NB suddenly reads flat? It happened to me. The fix is a $200 sensor. Or you could save the $200 and spend 5 minutes soldering instead…
Continuing from my last post, here’s the full, finished interior. It’s all photos. Tons of photos. Maybe too many photos… but I couldn’t help it.
After nearly a year of back-burner-sitting, my 1600 vintage dash is finally going in Sharka. FINALLY! Check out the install. Finished pix are in the next post.
Updates. I got ‘em.
This post is a collection of updates to past posts that I’ve been meaning to do for months now. There are so many that I thought I’d make a post about it. I’m actually rather embarrassed about how many updates there are and how far back they go… the first was an update I meant to post in April.